Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hello, 2017!

The start of a brand new year! Though I don't believe in New Year resolutions, I am planning to do a ew things different this year - for one, keep this blog updated more often.



Amplitube 4

Over the Christmas holidays, I decided to treat myself. Originally, I was just going to snag the '65 Super Reverb plus associated cab, but with that coming in around $50 and the whole Fender 2 collection being $99 or so, I thought it would make more sense to go for the whole collection.


Turned out to be a good choice, as I ended up loving some of the tweed items in the collection even more, especially the '57 Custom Pro and Twin.

I actually upgraded from Amplitube 3 to Amplitube 4 at the same time, and that also proved to be a smart move - I found I was rather partial to the Red Pig cab in combination with the Fender amps, so, I have been going through and replacing some of the sounds in the "Restless Guitar" songs with this new set up



I also found a use for the Acoustic Sun stomp box in there - it claims to make your electric sound like an acoustic, and while I can't say I've found that to be the case, it sure does add a different sound to your electric, and that ended up inspiring a whole new song! So a worthwhile purchase.

Useful Links:
Amplitube 4: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube4/
Fender Collection 2: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/fender2/

Cheers!
  Tommy



No comments:

Post a Comment