But sometimes you need to sharpen pencils - you need to organize and prepare, so that you can work smarter and faster in the future. It's been pencil sharpening time!
TX to TNI've moved from Texas to Tennessee - the call of Music City could not be resisted!
So this meant....
- much packing, cleaning and so on
- grabbing the fragiles (guitars and computers and paintings) and driving the 9 hours from TX to TN
- getting the keys to the new place and moving in the things in a box marked frah gilly
- sleeping on an airbed for a week
- driving 9 hrs back to TX to let the movers in and give the old place a final clean
- driving 9 hrs back to TN
- getting the stuff turn up from the movers
- buying some new furniture to replace stuff that was abandoned due to being broken (or just upgrading some of it)
- then organizing all of that so that the place is ready for me to be creative
Frettie group of songwriters. That was cool, and of course I plan to play at some of those in the future (starting with open mics though).
NSAI a few months back, in preparation, so I had a trip down to the Thursday night workshop. Something that I plan on making a regular trip!
But mostly, it was all about sorting the place out so that it is a good, positive work environment. It started off like this:
So, it's been a long delay to actually writing and recording, but a necessary one. Foundations have to be laid - and sometimes pencils need to be sharpened!